Your safety and that of your family are our top priorities, that’s why we do everything possible to ensure it. Aguas Bravas has an excellent safety record in over 23 years of operation and serving more than 250,000 safe and happy adventurers.
To keep you safe we:
- Use only high quality, internationally approved equipment designed for rafting.
- Use guides that are fully certified by the Costa Rican Board of Tourism, in tourism, rafting, and First Aid/CPR.
- Encourage the constant training of our guides and staff.
- Have one safety kayaker present on all tours from 1 to 4 boats, and 2 safety kayakers for tours with 5 or more boats.
- Have complete evacuation plans for each river we operate.
- Follow strict safety procedures in the operation of each tour.
- Carefully analyze the safety of the river water levels on a day to day basis.
- Abide by established age and weight limitations for each river, and piece of equipment.
- Prohibit guests from participating in tours under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or while pregnant.
- Reserve the right to cancel any client, if for any reason we feel his/her safety or that of the other participants or guides might be in danger.
- Require all clients to wear all safety gear, personally checked by our experienced guides for the correct fit, and to listen intently to the safety speech before beginning each tour. We ask that the guide’s instructions are always obeyed to insure your safety.